Wild Litsea Cubeba Black Tea by Ketlee
Litsea Cubeba or May Chang is an aromatic evergreen tree with tremendous medicinal properties widely used in the traditional Chinese medicine. An herb known to promote QI (Chi), the life force or energy flow. It measures very high in its anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory properties. Its most popular use is for the treatment of cold and flu.
It is also known to be a nerve tonic, which induces a feeling of relaxation, it also helps against onslaught of seasonal blues and emotional upsets. Scientific studies have proven that it can assist in the treatment for arrhythmia as well.
Wild Litsea Black Tea is a concoction of Wild Litsea Fruit with our Wild Tea. A truly magical potion which breathes and rejuvenates the Qi in you.
Our partner follows a rigorous and meticulous blending process, which is the method adopted for authentic Chinese Scented Teas. Unlike most blending which is done by mixing tea with dried materials, our blending is done with fresh Litsea fruits.
- Our Wild Teas are blended with fresh Litsea fruits overnight in a basket (container) and separated the next day morning and the tea leaves are then sun dried
- These process is repeated over 3 times in order to achieve the right mix
- This method of blending gives an infusion of fresh aromas which is more enjoyable than aroma infused through dried herbs or flowers
- Also, this process avoid infusion of dried herbs/flowers while brewing the tea, as the dried herbs/flowers sometimes give unwanted taste and texture to the tea liquor
We use Wild Black Tea as the base material for this blend.
The health benefits of Wild Black Tea and the superlative properties of Litsea are :
- Unlike estate teas which are commercially grown and produced, our Teas are naturally grown & produced in forests
- They are very high in antioxidants, amino acids and other natural nutrients
- Because it’s grown in wild, the tea plant has deeper roots, lesser pollutants and hence richer in trace nutrients
- They are carefully hand crafted by mountain artisans, which makes the leaves more intact thereby retaining higher nutrients, aroma and flavor
Appearance : Bright Orange
Taste : Citrus bite, raisins, wild honey, fruity, woody
Grade : Wild Gushu Assamica
Recommended Steeping Time : 3-4 minutes for western, 10 seconds for GongFu
Recommended Steeping Temperature : 85 to 90°C